CEGEP: Helping you access the job market or university
Are you interested in studying in Québec?More and more students from all over the world are choosing to continue their studies at a Québec CEGEP. Why?
- To qualify for university or to enter the job market
- To be able to choose between technical programs which train students for exciting jobs or pre-university programs which allow them to continue on to university - both of which lead to an officially recognized diploma called a Diploma of College Studies (DCS)
- To benefit from a broad approach to education which helps students understand society and its development in a changing world
- To build strong social bonds through socio-cultural, sports, and community activities.
Technical Training: A Wise Choice for Your Future!
By opting for a technical program you will:
- Gain a wealth of post-secondary knowledge
- Acquire skills recognized in the job market
- Have an excellent chance of finding an interesting job.
Educational Institutions Connected to the Job Market
CEGEPs maintain close ties with companies and public institutions to ensure their courses meet current job market requirements. Therefore, not only do they provide skills development, but they also offer business training and technical support services. Furthermore, 46 technology transfer centres have been created to conduct applied research which contributes to the development of key sectors of Québec's economy.